It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why cannot accept incoming from one stream to another from pending changes view when flow target set to Incoming only

Andrei Lurie (155) | asked Sep 15 '17, 9:11 p.m.

I have two streams:  Stream-A without any flow targets and Stream-B with flow target set as: Stream-A   FlowDirection=Incoming, CurrentFlow=Incoming, DefaultFlow=Incoming.

I delivered change sets to Stream-A.
Then I go to the Pending Change view for the Stream-B and I see my changes as Incoming.
I right click and pick Accept.
I get error: Illegal operation ('accept') for stream 'Stream-B'
I tried clicking and doing accept on individual change set, on component folder and on stream level (per some workaround recommended in one of the jazz defects).
Interestingly, if I edit my Stream-B and change flow target to be Incoming and Outgoing  then accept works.
Seems odd to me, but if that's working as designed, it would be interesting to hear what am I doing wrong.

Comments
Andrei Lurie commented Sep 15 '17, 9:13 p.m. | edited Sep 15 '17, 9:14 p.m.

I should have mentioned that I did not make any changes in my Stream-B so it is not the case where Incoming cannot be accepted directly from stream to stream due to some merge conflict.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 20 '17, 4:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'd suggest filing a PMR (if you are under IBM support) or a jazz.net defect if you are not.

Not only is the behavior not what I'd expect, but even if there was some some kind of error detected (say, the stream was locked), you should never get an "Illegal operation" ... you should get some reasonable error message.

Andrei Lurie selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.