It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Delivery conflict detected in singular flow delivery (Java API)

chi wang (155) | asked Oct 19 '17, 2:16 a.m.
edited Oct 24 '17, 4:54 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Hello all,

I am trying to deliver a particular change set from stream A to stream B but it returns an exception:

CRRTC5042E: Cannot deliver changes since they would create conflicts for item '.../class.java'.

However, this is impossible as stream A is the only stream flowing to stream B and stream B has no workspace flowing to it.

I have narrowed down the problem to a guess that the file went through some previous merge in stream A as the change set likely causing the problem has "(merged)" tag at the end of the description.

Note: Also, I am attempting this delivery through Java API

Edit: We also tried looking for the conflict in Eclipse but we cannot find any change set with the red conflict symbol and we're thus very confused.

Really need some urgent help to solve this please, thanks!

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 19 '17, 2:27 a.m. | edited Oct 19 '17, 2:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The error is in the assumption

"However, this is impossible as stream A is the only stream flowing to stream B and stream B has no workspace flowing to it. "

I am pretty sure of that. Just because there is no workspace flowing to it now, at this very moment does not mean anything.

chi wang commented Oct 19 '17, 2:51 a.m.

Hi Ralph, I have checked and confirmed that the only entity that has ever delivered anything to stream B was stream A, not just now at this moment.

Also, in Eclipse we do not see the conflict symbol (red dot) next to any of the change sets so I am unable to find what exact conflict my java class has.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 24 '17, 4:55 a.m. | edited Oct 24 '17, 5:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no way to help here. There is just not enough information. Even if there was more I doubt we could.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Oct 31 '17, 11:59 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This may be similar to the issue described in the article https://jazz.net/library/article/1498. If that is the case, the solution would be to:

1) Create a workspace off of Stream B.
2) Change the flow target of the workspace created in step 1 to Stream A and accept the changes from Stream A into the workspace.
3) If there is an ordering difference, you may have conflicts. If you do, resolve them
4) Change your flow target to Stream B and deliver your changes

chi wang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
chi wang commented Nov 01 '17, 3:27 a.m.

Yes, I did indeed read that other article before posting this and though this was not the direct solution to my problem, it has allowed me to locate the actual problem that I have faced.

So the real problem was that in the first stream developers created 2 conflicting change sets that were merged by a 3rd change set. Promoting these 2 conflicting change sets to the next stream thus resulted in this scenario where we have to move all 3 change sets together or else the conflict will appear, which I have encountered.

The solution is therefore to manually ensure that all 3 of these change sets are to be promoted together somehow.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.