It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

An error occured while creating database tables CRJAZ1571E. Unable to configure Oracle database with RTC 4.0.2

Nagaraju Kodaru (345) | asked Aug 12 '13, 2:17 a.m.
retagged Aug 12 '13, 11:34 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
Hi, I am getting the below error while configuring oracle database using jazz setup wizard.

An error occurred while creating database tables. Please try again.ID CRJAZ1571E
hide details
The database creation failed with an exception
com.ibm.team.repository.common.InternalRepositoryException: CRJAZ0212I Internal error. at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.tryLock(RepositoryDatabase.java:381) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:306) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runExclusive(RepositoryDatabase.java:286) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.PrimitiveTransactionService.runExclusive(PrimitiveTransactionService.java:139) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy2083.runExclusive(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseCreationService.createAllSchemas(DatabaseCreationService.java:52) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseCreationService.createAllSchemas(DatabaseCreationService.java:48) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at $Proxy2167.createAllSchemas(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.DatabaseCreationProgressService$1.run(DatabaseCreationProgressService.java:190) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736) Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: CRJAZ0554I Unable to get the necessary lock in 30000 milliseconds. at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.tryLock(RepositoryDatabase.java:382) ... 23 more

Connection to the database is successful. When I click on "Create Tables", above error is displaying. I am configuring Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 for Rational Team Concert 4.0.2. Operating System is Windows.

Can Someone please help me on how to resolve this.

Thank You,

Best Regards,
----------------------
Nagaraju Kodaru,

One answer

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Aug 12 '13, 7:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

We've only seen this issue once before and that issue was resolved before we had a chance to get to the bottom of the root cause.

In that instance, simply re-booting the server (Windows level) cleared the problem being encountered.

The problem here is that we're unable to get a database lock within a reasonable time:

Unable to get the necessary lock in 30000 milliseconds

We have also seen this error message when there are insufficient database threads available to the webserver.  As we're waiting on the database (Oracle in this instance, although I do not think that has any bearing), you're Oracle DBAs may be able to tell you more as to what is held up in granting this request.

If you do dig up any additional information, please post it here.

Cheers,

Paul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.