It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

For creation of a JRS report, is there a table that provides metrics on Due Date of work items?

Reenu Marina Thomas (111) | asked Apr 28 '16, 5:27 a.m.
Like number of tasks Due on a particular day/week.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Apr 28 '16, 8:01 p.m.
edited Apr 28 '16, 8:02 p.m.
Hi, Reenu

Yes, v6.0.1 or later should be able to provide the expected JRS report in your scenario.

thanks

Comments
Reenu Marina Thomas commented Apr 29 '16, 3:19 a.m.

Hi Don Yang,

Thanks for your answer.

In 6.0.1 we do not have it yet.
Do we already have an ER for it? Or can you please tell me which release would have it working.

Thanks

Don Yang commented May 02 '16, 11:55 p.m.

Hi, Reenu

Somehow I did not receive your comment update.
In early v5.0.2 JRS, 'Due Date' attribute is already available and it allows you to set a specific date or a range. In v6.0.1, calculated column is added(https://jazz.net/downloads//jazz-reporting-service/releases/6.0.1?p=news#12) and it should provide the number of task at the specific due date.
I am not sure what you mean there is such thing in v6.0.1. Have you tried it with 6.0.1 and it does not work as expected?
thanks

Reenu Marina Thomas commented May 11 '16, 4:28 a.m.

Hi Don Yang,

Yes you are right, both these are possible and I have tried it out. But what am missing is a possibility to plot number of work items across a due date range. Like in the x-axis we have a date range (weekly) and y-axis gives number of work item due for each week. With creation date and resolution dates this is possible because we have the trends directly available in the Historical trends option. If we also had a Due date trend then this report would be possible.
Hope it is clear now.

Thanks,
Reenu

Reenu Marina Thomas commented May 11 '16, 9:53 a.m.

Hi Don Yang,
 I wouldn't need this any more. Thanks for your answers.
 Decided to use current data itself for Due date, trend is not required for now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.