It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG Artifact Table and Cell Border Colors Not Published Correctly by RPE

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Sep 01 '17, 12:50 p.m.

I have a table embedded in a DNG artifact that was created by DNG. (In a DNG artifact: Insert > Table)

I need to control the color of the borders and cell backgrounds. So I changed the border color setting of some of the table cells using the right click menu > Cell > Cell Properties > Border Color.

RPE template structure

When I publish the artifact with RPE, the table is published and the background color is correct but the border colors are wrong. 

RPE's console displays the following information:
CRRPE3156E The color from 255, is not valid.
For input string: "255,"
CRRPE3156E The color from 255) is not valid.
For input string: "255)"
CRRPE3156E The color from 153, is not valid.
For input string: "153,"
CRRPE3156E The color from 0) is not valid.
For input string: "0)"
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 04 '17, 12:47 a.m.

What if you use the hexadecimal format, such as #CC9900?

Bob 3 commented Sep 04 '17, 1:48 a.m.

Donald, thanks for your response.

In DNG v6.0.3, when I am in edit mode on an artifact with an embedded table, I right click on the table cell, select Cell > Cell Properties, and in the Border Color property, I select More Colors. In this "Select Color" dialog box, I can enter a hex color. When I click OK, the hex color is not transferred to the Border Color field. The Border Color field remains an RGB triplet. Can you explain to me how to input a hex color into the Border Color field?

One answer

permanent link
Kumaraswamy Gowda (39115) | answered Sep 01 '17, 11:16 p.m.

Hi Bob,
Could you share the XML please? https://rpeactual.com/2013/11/22/how-to-get-the-xml-data-used-by-rpe/

Thanks,
Kumar

Comments
Kumaraswamy Gowda commented Sep 04 '17, 2:26 a.m.

I could replicate the issue for border style. Try adding the below code in the text element in javascript tab with XHMTL input/output options checked.

'<table>    <tr>        <td style="border: rgb(211, 211, 211);">            <span>1</span>        </td>    </tr></table>'

However, it works for background color
'<table>    <tr>        <td style="background-color: rgb(211, 211, 211);">            <span>1</span>        </td>    </tr></table>'

This is a defect in RPE. Please create a defect.
Work around would be to use #XXXXXX (hex).

Thanks,
Kumar

Bob 3 commented Sep 05 '17, 3:17 p.m.

Kumar, thank you for getting to the bottom of this issue.

Can you explain how to use hex colors for DNG artifact table cell borders?
In DNG v6.0.3, when I am in edit mode on an artifact with an embedded table, I right click on the table cell, select Cell > Cell Properties, and in the Border Color property, I select More Colors. In this "Select Color" dialog box, I can enter a hex color. When I click OK, the hex color is not transferred to the Border Color field. The Border Color field remains an RGB triplet and is thus not honored by RPE.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Sep 06 '17, 4:59 a.m.

Hi Bob,
Even if we set Border color to hex in DNG, the REST API will return RGB value, which is not supported by RPE for cell border color.
The workaround in RPE is to use Script Expression - search for RGB value and replace it with hex. You can use JavaScript for RGB to hex conversion.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.