It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel export tool : Test Suite design section

Pierre Jouen (135) | asked Aug 17 '17, 4:28 a.m.

Hello,

I am using the excel to RQM export tool to manage all my test suite.

I would like to update the section “Test Suite Design”. I have added in the Cfg file this line :

testsuite.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testSuiteDesign","RQM-KEY-EXE-DESIGN-TITLE")=C5

It is working but a NEW section “Test Suite Design” is added in my Test suite

Can someone explain me why a new  section is created ?

Thanks

Best Regards                 

Pierre

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Aug 17 '17, 8:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Pierre, the reason you are seeing a duplicate section is because the id of the testsuite Section you created manually is not "myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testSuiteDesign".

A simple solution is you delete the custom section created, excel import does create one as per the entry in config file.
Alternatively, you could GET the XML of a sample testsuite and look into the XML for the ID of the testsuite section called "Test Suite Design".

Best Regards
Sunil

Pierre Jouen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Pierre Jouen commented Aug 18 '17, 7:48 a.m.

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your answer, It is working now.  I retrieved the xml of an item test Suite and the ID to use is : 

testsuite.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.execution.editor.section.design","RQM-KEY-EXE-DESIGN-TITLE")=C5

Best Regards

Pierre

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.