It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Feed of changes to specific WorkItem type

Stine H (154) | asked Aug 15 '17, 7:42 a.m.

I'm trying to configure a Widget on the Dashboard to show recent changes to all workitems of the type Defect.

I've found the My Work Item Changes Widget and with it the URL:

${server-URL}/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IFeedService?itemType=WorkItem&user=${current_user}

Here, I have removed the user part so as to not limit the scope to just me, and now I would like to just have the Work Items of the type/id Defect shown - is there any way to do this? Or is this not possible neither with this Widget or with any other?

Thank you

Stine

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Aug 15 '17, 8:03 a.m.

Stine,

for this trick you will need an RTC Eclipse client.
In your project area create a shared query "All Defects" which only filters on work item type = Defect.
Now open Eclipse client, log into project area, right-click query and choose "subscribe to query feed".
Identify the feed subscription you just created in Eclipse, right-click and > "copy feed URL".
Use this URL as input for the generic news feed widget on the dashboard and you are all set.

I just tried in RTC 6.0.4, works like a charm.

If this solves your problem please mark the answer as accepted.

- Arne

Stine H selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.