It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Numbers on piechart

Stine H (154) | asked Sep 13 '17, 2:40 a.m.

I have a widget piechart where I would like to easily see how many artifacts a given 'slice' consists of.

I cannot add a picture, but I would like for a single 'slice' of the pie to have a color and then for example the number "15" written on top - without having to hover over the piece.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Sep 13 '17, 4:47 a.m.

Hi,

yes, this is possible by modifying the underlying BIRT report design (.rpt design file) with BIRT designer (Eclipse extension, need version 2.6.2 to work with RTC).
It is not too hard to do following examples in https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/create-custom-reports-birt-rtc/
That said, I found for a very similar use case that with growing numbers of slices, esp. small slices it was much much better to display the graph as bar chart with numbers. Have you also looked into using Jazz Reporting Service? The reports can be displayed graphically and used as widgets in dashboards. I do not remember if they display numbers directly though.

- Arne

Stine H selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stine H commented Sep 15 '17, 1:57 a.m.

Thank you Arne

I've found that your point regarding small slices to be quite true and have therefore opted for the bar chart solution - The Jazz Reporting Service is also an option I considered, but I find the widget display of these lacking in comparison. Here the question of small slices also presents itself

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.