It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Map RFT warning execution state to inconclusive in RQM?

Brett Bohnn (94111157) | asked Aug 04 '17, 5:24 p.m.

As expected, passing and failing RFT scripts are marked correctly. However, scripts logging warnings are also logged as passing. Ideally this scripts would be logged as inconclusive. As it stands now, the batch script through RFT gives a single log with failures and warnings clearly marked, allowing the user to scroll through it in a few minutes if everything passes.                                  

With RQM not logging warning, it forces the user to individually open every single passing log result to see if any warnings were logged before verifying that the script should be considered as passed.              

I know execution states can be mapped with the command line adapter but I don't think the same can be done with RFT. I am submitting this to confirm.  

Thanks,
Brett                 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Aug 08 '17, 3:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It is actually RFT adapter which sends the step results to RQM. RFT adapter has logic to mark any step as pass, fail or inconclusive. Whatever the adapter is sending, RQM is storing that information. Please check with RFT team on this issue.

Brett Bohnn selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.