It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to add conditional coloring in report builder?

James Paulus (20622135) | asked Aug 02 '17, 12:40 p.m.

Hello,

We have a business requirement that we have conditional coloring to our reports.   We had this functionality through Cognos, but Report Builder doesn't seem to give us this ability.    The fields that we would want conditional formatting for would be percent passed of executed along with percent executed of total for either the test plan or iteration.   In 6.0.3 I'm able to pull in those values no problem, however I cannot get conditional formatting in a table for these values.   I'm guessing this is an enhancement request, but just wondering if someone knows a way that exists already?

The example would be as follows:
>90%: Make the cell green
80-90%: Make the cell yellow
<70%: Make the cell red

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Aug 02 '17, 3:40 p.m.

James,
With the cell/row colorization in 6.0.4 the operators are =,  !=, >, >=, <, <=, contains, does not contain, and between.   It doesn't work exactly like Insight does when defining conditions, but using  ">  90",  "between 80-90" and "< 80" you should be able to accomplish what you want.

James Paulus selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jackie Albert commented Aug 02 '17, 3:41 p.m. | edited Aug 02 '17, 3:42 p.m.

BTW, if you have an account on jazz.net you should be able to go to https://jazz.net/rs/reports and see the 6.0.5 dev version of Report Builder and try out this and some of the other newer function.

James Paulus commented Aug 04 '17, 11:43 a.m.

That did work, thanks for the tip on trying it out on jazz.

James Paulus commented Nov 13 '17, 5:48 p.m.

We just got dev upgraded to 6.0.4 and the > and < are not shown. Only the other options you talk about Jackie.   Were those two operators added with 6.0.5?

2 other answers

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered Aug 02 '17, 1:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

JRS added use of colors to highlight data in tables with JRS 6.0.4. Take a look at the release notes details:

Let us know if this meets what you are looking for.

Comments
James Paulus commented Aug 02 '17, 1:57 p.m.

Fariz,

Is the coloring only for defined values such as "Passed", "Failed" or can it also be applied to calculated values such as my case?

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered Aug 02 '17, 3:19 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi James,

If you follow the provided link, you can see that under format results tab (this is where you organize the columns of your report and include calculated values), there is ability to add color to your results. Hence, it should be possible to color calculated values too.

Thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.