It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restricting scope of the "Feature Progress Measure" (SAFe advanced Report)

Olivier Béghain (1082133) | asked Aug 01 '17, 9:18 a.m.

Hello,

I'm using the SAFe 6.0.3 process templates in the context of a program with several development teams. All teams manage the program backlog in the same RTC project area. I wanted to use the SAFe advanced report entitled "Feature Progress Measure" to follow-up up per team the progress of the features they own. Unfortunately, the report template does not permit to restrict the list of features based on the team (better the 'Filled Against' field) so I see all features of all teams.

Can someone explain me how I should tailor the query of the report (in JSR) to allow me to see only the feature for which the 'Filled Against" field has a certain value. Here is the logic of the report (as seen in JSR):
<<
SELECT DISTINCT T1.PROJECT_NAME,
T1.NAME AS URL1_title ,   
T1.URL AS URL1,
SUM(CASE WHEN  (T2.REQUEST_STATUS  = 'Closed' AND T2.STORY_POINTS IS NOT NULL) THEN T2.STORY_POINTS ELSE 0 END) AS DONE,        
SUM(CASE WHEN (T2.REQUEST_STATUS = 'Open' AND T2.STORY_POINTS IS NOT NULL) THEN T2.STORY_POINTS ELSE 0 END) AS NOTSTARTED,       
SUM(CASE WHEN (T2.REQUEST_STATUS = 'InProgress' AND T2.STORY_POINTS IS NOT NULL) THEN T2.STORY_POINTS ELSE 0 END) AS INPROGRESS,      
T3.VAL AS EPICTOTALEST

FROM RIDW.VW_REQUEST T1 
INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_REQUEST_RELATIONAL_LINK LT1
ON (T1.REQUEST_ID = LT1.REQUEST2_ID) AND LT1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0 AND LT1.NAME = 'com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.parentworkitem'  
INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_REQUEST T2
  ON (LT1.REQUEST1_ID = T2.REQUEST_ID)

LEFT OUTER JOIN RICALM.VW_RQST_INT_EXT T3
ON T1.REQUEST_ID=T3.REQUEST_ID AND T3.NAME='com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.estimatedStoryPoints' 
WHERE (T1.REQUEST_TYPE = 'Feature' AND T2.REQUEST_TYPE = 'Story') AND
(T1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0 AND T2.ISSOFTDELETED = 0) AND
(T1.REQUEST_ID <> -1 AND T1.REQUEST_ID IS NOT NULL) AND
(T2.REQUEST_ID <> -1 AND T2.REQUEST_ID IS NOT NULL)
GROUP BY T1.PROJECT_NAME,
       T1.NAME,
       T1.URL,
       T3.VAL
>>

Thx
Regards,
Olivier.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Amy Silberbauer (30657) | answered Aug 01 '17, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Olivier,
I'm about to post updates to the reports, this one included, that add the filtering you're requesting. In the mean time, you can simply add on of these two columns to your result set (and make sure you include the additional column in the GROUP BY clause):

T2.TEAM_NAME
    T2.REQUEST_CATEGORY_NAME

Please let me know if that resolves your question.
Amy

Olivier Béghain selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Olivier Béghain commented Aug 01 '17, 4:32 p.m.

Hi Amy!

Thanks a lot it helped.

In the SQL of my report, I had to mention T1.REQUEST_CATEGORY_NAME (not T2).

I also did not need the team name since I'm limiting the scope of the features based on the "Filed Against" field.

In addition, I wanted to restrict the scope for those of a given PI (and its "child" iterations). As I forgot how to work with inner/outer joins :-), in the WHERE clause I had to specify the id of the iterations something like this...
(T2.REQUEST_CATEGORY_NAME = '99. pmo') AND
(T1.ITERATION_ID = 17929 OR T1.ITERATION_ID = 17930 OR T1.ITERATION_ID = 17931 OR T1.ITERATION_ID = 17932 OR T1.ITERATION_ID = 17933 OR T1.ITERATION_ID = 17934 )

2 other answers

permanent link
Mayank khosla (11) | answered Aug 31 '17, 11:30 a.m.

Hello Amy,

I'm using the SAFe 6.0.3 process templates, Can you please help, the feature progress report in RTC (code below) - 
This code is not showing the features if there is no story linked to it. We want to show features irrespective if it has a story linked or not. Thanks in advance,.

SELECT DISTINCT T1.PROJECT_NAME,
T1.NAME AS URL1_title ,   
T1.URL AS URL1,
SUM(CASE WHEN  (T2.REQUEST_STATUS  = 'Closed' AND T2.STORY_POINTS IS NOT NULL) THEN T2.STORY_POINTS ELSE 0 END) AS DONE,        
SUM(CASE WHEN (T2.REQUEST_STATUS = 'Open' AND T2.STORY_POINTS IS NOT NULL) THEN T2.STORY_POINTS ELSE 0 END) AS NOTSTARTED,       
SUM(CASE WHEN (T2.REQUEST_STATUS = 'InProgress' AND T2.STORY_POINTS IS NOT NULL) THEN T2.STORY_POINTS ELSE 0 END) AS INPROGRESS,      
T3.VAL AS EPICTOTALEST

FROM RIDW.VW_REQUEST T1 
INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_REQUEST_RELATIONAL_LINK LT1
ON (T1.REQUEST_ID = LT1.REQUEST2_ID) AND LT1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0 AND LT1.NAME = 'com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.parentworkitem'  
INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_REQUEST T2
  ON (LT1.REQUEST1_ID = T2.REQUEST_ID)

LEFT OUTER JOIN RICALM.VW_RQST_INT_EXT T3
ON T1.REQUEST_ID=T3.REQUEST_ID AND T3.NAME='com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.estimatedStoryPoints' 
WHERE (T1.REQUEST_TYPE = 'Feature' AND T2.REQUEST_TYPE = 'Story') AND
(T1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0 AND T2.ISSOFTDELETED = 0) AND
(T1.REQUEST_ID <> -1 AND T1.REQUEST_ID IS NOT NULL) AND
(T2.REQUEST_ID <> -1 AND T2.REQUEST_ID IS NOT NULL)
GROUP BY T1.PROJECT_NAME,
       T1.NAME,
       T1.URL,
       T3.VAL

permanent link
Amy Silberbauer (30657) | answered Aug 31 '17, 12:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,
This report is designed to show progress of Features based on Story Points which are in child Stories. If you don't have any linked Stories, how else would you expect to show progress?
Amy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.