It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Roles and Permissions in RPE when connected to JTS

Stephan Leutenmayr (2329) | asked Jul 24 '17, 8:37 a.m.

I have sucessfully delegated authentication in RPE to a JTS instance. For the assignment of roles, RPE offers two ways whose functionality is unclear to me.

Firstly, in runtime variables, I can provide a list of users which are "Web admin users". Secondly, there is a tab "map JTS roles" with a mapping from jts roles to rpe roles.

The mapping between jts roles and rpe does not seem to work. Only if I enter users in the field "web admin users" then they are admins in rpe. If they merely are in the group jazzadmins in the jts server, they are not admin in rpe.

So, what is the use case for those two ways of assigning roles in rpe?

2 answers

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered Jul 24 '17, 11:17 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Stephan,

Once you map JTS to RPE roles, you should be managing users from JTS.

Thank you.

permanent link
Kumaraswamy Gowda (39115) | answered Jul 24 '17, 1:44 p.m.

Hi Stephan,

>>> Secondly, there is a tab "map JTS roles" with a mapping from jts roles to rpe roles.
This is the one that is recommended over other two runtime variables.

If you want to override some of the JTS roles that is being used in RPE  then use "Web admin users" and "Web designer users".

>>> The mapping between jts roles and rpe does not seem to work. Only if I enter users in the field "web admin users" then they are admins in rpe. If they merely are in the group jazzadmins in the jts server, they are not admin in rpe.
If this is happening, it is a defect. Please create defect here.

Thanks,
Kumar

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.