It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What causes a "Duplicate permissions role id specified" error?

Janet Charbonneau (852654) | asked Jul 11 '17, 3:26 p.m.

I am using DNG 6.0.3.  I have two different requirements projects that give me a "Duplicate permissions role id specified: Requirements Manager (local)" error when I try to add a new member or administrator.  I am trying to add a user with a role other than the "Requirements Manager (local)" permission.  In both projects, there are two permissions that look similar: "Requirements Manager (local)" and "Requirements Manager (PMO)".  I thought that there may be an issue having these two similar roles, but I recreated this on another server and have no problem adding new members with roles in that project.  What else can I look at to see what is duplicated?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jul 12 '17, 12:13 a.m.

Hi, Janet

I am not sure what is causing the problem, it is likely this is something from upgrade(I guess this is upgraded from lower version?). You can have RTC Eclipse client and create a repository connection to RDNG and open the concern project area, then go to 'Process Configuration source' tab and check if you see
-duplicated role entry
or
-duplicated definitions for the permissions of role
id="Requirements Manager (local)" in team configuration

and manually fix it by removing the duplicate (save the source as backup before any change in source code).
I hope that helps.

Janet Charbonneau selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Jul 13 '17, 2:30 p.m.

Under the team-configuration section, I did find multiple entries for both the Requirements Manager (Local) and Requirements Manager (PMO) roles with different operations in each one.  We combined all of the operations under one entry and then deleted the duplicates and that resolved our issue.  Thanks for the answer!

One other answer

permanent link
Caron Wills (213) | answered Nov 22 '22, 9:50 a.m.
edited Nov 22 '22, 9:54 a.m.

I wanted to respond and state how useful this information was to resolve an issue. Our instance received the error:

Project area cannot be saved.
Duplicate permissions operation id specified: com.ibm.rrs.setvalidity
When connecting with the RTC Eclipse Client, navigate to the Process Configuration source tab and search for whatever id was specified, just as described above.

Once the first one was resolved, there were several others. For our instance it looked a little different than what's above, our duplicate lines were in one role, so this line repeated in the the project-operation blocks:
project-operation id="com.ibm.rss.setValidity"
And then we had one other project-operation id that was duplicated. Once the duplicates were resolved, we were able to save the area. Thanks for leaving the great instructions so others could follow them!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.