It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permissions needed to connect from build machine on RTC

Jeff Smith (132) | asked Jul 18 '17, 5:46 p.m.

We are using a build machine that had an older ID that migrated to a newer ID to receive Build requests in RTC and do builds. The JazzBuildClient attaches to RTC fine and waits for a build to be submitted. When we submit a build, nothing happens. The Build ID matches fine to the define build for the request.

Question: Could it be that this new ID may need permissions updated to be able to connect using this new ID:

Comments
Jeff Smith commented Jul 18 '17, 5:52 p.m.

This forum will not let me post image.... when we select Client Access Licenses -> Rationa Team Concert (automated users only), I cannot add this ID as one of the users. Do I need to have JazzAdmins perform this for me?

Donald Nong commented Jul 19 '17, 12:18 a.m.

it's interesting that some forum users realized that the attached images would not be shown due to low reputation points and some didn't. Yes, for assigning a license, you do need the JazzAdmins repository role. But I can't answer your original question though.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 19 '17, 4:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The user running a Jazz Build Engine requires

• A license E.g. the build license (50 are shipped with the server)
  • Access to the build data e.g. being project or team area member with access and whatever permissions needed to act on these objects.

Jeff Smith selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.