It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I increase the number of work items returned from Quick Search?

Tim Fuller (471328) | asked Sep 14 '16, 11:46 a.m.
edited Sep 14 '16, 11:47 a.m.
I believe the default max number of returned work items from Quick Search is 100.  Can this be changed?  If so how?

One answer

permanent link
Nate Decker (37814261) | answered Sep 14 '16, 12:43 p.m.

In the Rational Team Concert application management page under Advanced Properties there is a parameter called "Maximum Query Result Set Size". The default value here is 1000. There is another property called "Full Text merge Limit" this default is set to 100. Perhaps this is what you are referring to?

I know that there is a limit of 100 work items when you perform REST queries. You can override this by adding the URL argument &size=X where 'X' is the number of results you want to allow. This can defeat pagination in REST query results if that is undesired, but will make the REST query take much longer to return results.

Comments
Don Yang commented Sep 14 '16, 11:07 p.m.

"Full Text merge Limit" applies here to quick search result. You may increase the limit there but it could impact the performance, hence set the value size with caution.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.