It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Purpose/use of DNG changelogfeederrors

Norman Dignard (356688168) | asked Sep 04 '15, 8:47 a.m.
What is the purpose/function of the contents of the JTShome /conf/rm/changelogfeederrors directory?
I noticed that its starting to fill up with a number of .csv files and dirs.

My only real concern on this is that it may fill up the disk space if it does not get periodically flushed which JAZZ may do but I just don't know.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Diane Everitt (27835) | answered Sep 18 '15, 1:39 p.m.

Although I could not find specific information on the purpose of the rm/changelogfeederrors directory, examination of the information in (3) of the csv files shows a path to rm/changelogs/<URI> and a date/timestamp.  The assumption is the date is the date and time of the issue or "error" and, it appears from research, that the path is related to a storage area (the URI?).

The subdirectories in the changelogfeederrors directory are empty.

If the users are not reporting and/or consistently encountering errors or problems, there seems to be no harm in removing the contents of this directory.  The information in the csv files seem to be of no value even if there are problems reported by the users.

I welcome all feedback if your experience differs from the conclusions provided herein.

Norman Dignard selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Sep 06 '15, 9:27 p.m.
I don't have such a folder in my environment. Such folder was mentioned in one of the cases reported to IBM, where the main concern was the ever growing index folder. Given that the folder name has "errors" in it, I suggest you contact IBM Support and examine the content in those .csv file so that appropriate actions can be taken accordingly.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.