It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to resolve Command Line Interface error Re

Blair Stevenson (11) | asked Jun 15 '17, 9:59 a.m.

I had successfully logged into my RTC repository using the command line interface.  I was executing different  commands, such as list streams, to see what the results looked like.  I stopped working on it for a while, and when I cam e back to start again, I was looged out of the repository.  Since then, I have not been able to log in again.  I keep getting the following error when trying to login:

Problem running 'login':
Repository registry cannot be secured.  Couldn't open D:\Users\204038665\AppData\Local\jazz-scm\repositories.txt for writing.

I looked in my directory D:\Users\204038665\AppData\Local\ and I do not see a jazz-scm folder, nor the repositories.txt

How can I resolve this?  I'm not sure what happened because it was working before.

Thank you,
Blair Stevenson

One answer

permanent link
Alan Sampson (93749) | answered Jun 15 '17, 11:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Check if any SCM daemons are running with the scm list daemon command (you don't need to be connected to a repository to do that). If any are running try stopping them with the scm daemon stop <PORT> or scm daemon stop --all command.

For reference see:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.4/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/c_scm_cli.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.