It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deleting a work item failing even with full permissions for everything enabled for a test role.

Michael Reed (126516) | asked May 26 '17, 7:25 p.m.
v6.0.3
Lifecycle Project with RTC, DNG, RQM
RTC Process Template: Scrum
IBM Cloud
I am a member of JazzAdmins.

I am getting the following error when I attempt to delete a work item even with a test role created (in every project area) that has every single permission allowed.

CRJAZ6053E The 'Delete Work Item' operation cannot be completed. "Modify collections of process attachments" permission is required to complete the operation. 

Anyone else seen similar? I hate to open a support ticket if there is something quick and easy someone can point me towards to resolve this. I also didn't want to submit one right before a holiday weekend...

TIA,

-michael

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 27 '17, 1:42 a.m.

That's very strange, as this permission is required for modifying the project area/process, not the work item itself. I guess it is simply misleading and something else is going on. With IBM Cloud, you can still access the server log files using the DNG debug service, and you may be able to get a better idea. Otherwise, submitting a support ticket may be the only way to go.

Shuchita Tripathi commented May 31 '17, 3:06 a.m.

Just check if you have any other role assigned to you which blocks this permission. If that is the case, check their position. The one which has highest permission should be at the top.

Ralph Schoon commented May 31 '17, 6:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Permissions add up, so if any role has the permission you have the permission if you have that role.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 31 '17, 6:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just being member of JazzAdmins does not automatically give you the permissions - it only gives you override for certain permissions that the capability to create roles with permissions and to assign them to you.

However, your role with all permissions should allow you to delete. Have you tried to refresh, log out etc after changing the roles. Maybe a caching problem? Have you looked into the server and client logs, maybe you can see something fishy there?  

Otherwise really open a PMR with support. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.