It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Incorrect link from Defect in RTC back to Test Case in RQM?

John Matthews (2263932) | asked Sep 15 '09, 7:59 p.m.
using RQM v2.0 connected to RTC v2.0:

Logged a new Defect from a Test Case (Script) during execution in RQM. The Defect is persisted into RTC via C/ALM.

When I look at the Defect in RTC; there is a link back to the Test "Case" in RQM... when this link is clicked on, the navigation takes me to the Test "Script" in RQM; not the Test Case or Execution result as I expected. The Test Script has no linkages to the Test Case or the Result ... which is not at all helpful.

Is this a bug?

2 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 21 '09, 10:36 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi John,
Are you submitting the defect against a particular step in a Manual Test Script while running the script or are you submitting the defect from a Execution Result (or other)?
That can affect what association is made. In the case of a Test Script, it should take you to the result of that script, so a developer can see what step has failed.
Please give me the exact steps you performed to submit the defect and I'll verify whether there is an issue here or not.
Thanks,
John

Logged a new Defect from a Test Case (Script) during execution in RQM. The Defect is persisted into RTC via C/ALM.

When I look at the Defect in RTC; there is a link back to the Test "Case" in RQM... when this link is clicked on, the navigation takes me to the Test "Script" in RQM; not the Test Case or Execution result as I expected. The Test Script has no linkages to the Test Case or the Result ... which is not at all helpful.

Is this a bug?

permanent link
John Matthews (2263932) | answered Sep 23 '09, 7:01 a.m.
Hi John

a Test Case was being run; this Test Case had an associated Script. I failed the Script on a particular step & raised the Defect. The Links tab in the Defect (in RTC) contains a link which states "Failing Test Case"+"test case name"; so the link actually mentions "Test case"! Clicking the link though takes you to the Test Script. I believe it should go to the Test Case. It wouldn't be so bad apart from:
1. the link reference states "Test Case"
2. there is no way to navigate from the Script to the Test Case once you're taken to the RQM Script

Hi John,
Are you submitting the defect against a particular step in a Manual Test Script while running the script or are you submitting the defect from a Execution Result (or other)?
That can affect what association is made. In the case of a Test Script, it should take you to the result of that script, so a developer can see what step has failed.
Please give me the exact steps you performed to submit the defect and I'll verify whether there is an issue here or not.
Thanks,
John

Is this a bug?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.