Linking OLSC resources within DNG
I've stood up an OSLC Bugzilla server and successfully connected DNG to it as an Outbound Friend in both the server administration area and the project administration area. Now I cannot figure out what I need to do to create a link from the DNG artifact to the Bugzilla server.
I locate the DNG resource and click the Edit button. Then I click the create link button which pop up a view to locate the resource I want to link to. The problem is I don't see any option to select the Bugzilla as the repository to search for links.
What am I missing? Should I be clicking on a different button in the DNG UI?
Thanks in advance!
5 answers
I made it work for RDNG 6.x. The problem is that RDNG request the Bugzilla services document in application/rdf+xml and is not able to consume it ( it only consume application/xml ).
Comments
With Jim and Gabriel's help in this thread I finally got it working. The part about adding the Bugzilla provider to a DNG "Projet Area" as a "Friend (Outbound)" I knew already.
Jim helped by pointing out that I had to create an "Association" to a Bugzilla service on the "Manage Project Area" UI. Make sure you click the Save button at the top of that screen after you've created the association.
Note that I got tired of fighting with getting DNG v5 to connect. v5 got stuck in a perpetual authentication loop in the UI every time I tried to create a Association. So I upgraded to v6.
Gabriel helped by pointing out that DNG v6 was incapable of reading the application/rdf+xml response which contained the Delegated UI information. And by editing the following Class' writeTo method...
o.e.l.o.p.j.AbstractOslcRdfXmlProviderand forcing it to return application/xml would allow DNG to find and use the Delegated Ui's. On line 147 I did this...
getSerializationLanguage(MediaType.APPLICATION_XML_TYPE);Thanks for everyone's help! I hope this helps someone else.
I guess the question is why doesn't DNG support the rdf+xml content-type?
Hi Matthew,
- Make sure DNG is authenticating correctly with Bugzilla (secrets and passwords are correct)
- Link the Bugzilla project to the DNG project. Not sure if project linking can be done with non-CLM projects but it's something to try. Go to the project area's admin web page. Select Overview > Associations > Add. Select the target application.
- Make sure the Bugzilla OSLC server is providing a delegated UI. When you go to select a Bugzilla entry, it should be the Bugzilla app (or OSLC interface) that provides the UI that lists available bugs. I don't think Bugzilla provides this by itself, so whatever OSLC extension to Bugzilla that you're using needs to provide it.
Comments
The OSLC Bugzilla application was written for Jazz 5.x. I will not be surprised that it doesn’t work for v 6.x as it has introduced configuration management concepts. There is additional configuration selection in the process.
Anyway, at this step, follow the instructions Jim has described. You definitely need to associate your Bugzilla service provider to an existing project area in DNG. Provided that your Bugzilla adapter provides a delegated UI, you will be able to create a traceability link .
I hope it helps.
Implementors of OSLC ServiceProviders may be able to satisfy DNG by claiming to @Produce( OslcMediaType.APPLICATION_RDF_XML) but then in the Response builder setting the entity type to MediaType.APPLICATION_XML.
Comments
Matthew Stone
Jun 01 '17, 1:15 p.m.