It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to add dynamic queries (queries with runtime parameters) to the "Work Items Query" widget?

Andre Gusmao (802640) | asked May 14 '15, 4:21 p.m.
 I have created a dynamic query to display work items created within a given time frame. The query has a run time parameter (Creation Date). 
I'm trying to add this query to the "Work Items Query" widget, but it seems this particular widget doesn't support dynamic queries. I tried adding the same query to the "Work Item Statistics" widget, and it works fine.
So the questions are: 
1 - Can I use dynamic queries in the the "Work Items Query" widget? 
2 - Is this a defect or working as designed?

Thanks!

Comments
Lily Wang commented May 14 '15, 8:57 p.m.

I have no issue to add a dynamic query in the widget using RTC 5.0.2.
What's your RTC version? Did you get any error?

Andre Gusmao commented May 14 '15, 11:33 p.m.

I'm on 5.0.2 iFix005. No error, the dynamic queries simply won't show up when I try to add them to the widget. If I remove the runtime parameter from a query, then it appears amongst the queries I can add to the widget.

Lily Wang commented May 15 '15, 12:20 a.m.

I don't have the issue.
You can enable the Firebug trace and see if there's any error.

Andre Gusmao commented May 18 '15, 10:16 a.m.

Couldn't find an error in the Firebug trace. I tested it in a couple of other environments with 5.0.2 GA, and it the behavior is the same: if the query has a run time parameter, it just won't show up in the list of available queries for the "Work Item Queries" widget. 

I guess I'll have to open a support ticket to find out if this is expected.

Kevin Ramer commented May 18 '15, 10:42 a.m.

5.0.2 ifix003 behaves the same ( as did 4.0.3 - 4.0.7 )

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 18 '15, 10:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I created https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/356927 recently. However, I just tried it again with a query with parameters on version 5.0.2 and I was asked to provide the parameter during the configuration of the "Work Items" widget. However, adding a query with parameters in the to the "Work Item Queries" widget does not work. The Query does not show up on the pick list.
Andre Gusmao selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.