It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting deafult values for Tags and File Against on a new Work Item type

Clayton Bennett (32) | asked May 03 '17, 9:08 a.m.

Hello,

I have created a new work item type called "new project request". I want to set the default value for tags and filed against for this new work item type only. Is it possible?

I went as far as creating a new Attribute called Tags (id: tags1) with the Kind Tags but looking at the Attribute Customization for Default Value Provider it does not list Tags.

And while Filed Against is a Category and the Attribute Customization for Default Value Provider does list Category I want to make sure it only impacts this new Work Item type.

Thanks
Jason

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 03 '17, 11:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 03 '17, 1:45 p.m.

Attribute Customization is on attribute level and will affect all attributes on all work item types they are configured.

Only JavaScript and Java based attribute customization could detect the type of the work item and work different for different types.

Having said that, there is almost no information available at work item creation time and the information e.g. the type can be changed later, so I think default value provider are pretty useless. SeeĀ https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/rtc-process-customization-what-you-can-and-cannot-do/ for some insight what you can and can not do.

Clayton Bennett selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Clayton Bennett commented May 03 '17, 3:03 p.m.

Thanks Ralph, I kind of had that feeling. Thanks for the link as well...good stuff.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.