It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add features to exisitng DOORS NG Project

Leesen Padayachee (9956119) | asked Apr 20 '17, 5:12 a.m.

Hi

We used a traditional template that does not have the UML features for DOORS NG. We now have a few users that want to use these features. The problem is that there is already data in the project. Is there any way to edit a current project template to add this features without having to create a brand new project and importing the data.

Thanks,
Leesen

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Apr 20 '17, 3:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you mean when saying "UML features"? Would that be the Use Case Requirements Template that comes out of the box with DNG?

One way would be to create a new project with the project template required, and then in the project properties of the original project select Import Project Properties and select the new project. The project properties are merged, review the property changes that will be applied, specially if you see any warnings, and apply the merge if you are OK.

Leesen Padayachee selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Leesen Padayachee commented Apr 21 '17, 3:35 a.m. | edited Apr 21 '17, 3:39 a.m.

Thanks Bas. Do I need to keep that new project after I do the import? or can I archive it? 

Bas Bekker commented Apr 21 '17, 12:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You're welcome, and you can archive it

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.