It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does RTC plans take the information from the work items of an Iteration? And is it possible for work items from an iteration not to show in a RTC plan?

Jose Omar Oseguera Chijate (3429) | asked Apr 18 '17, 5:48 p.m.

Hello,

Like the questions in the title say my doubts are the following:

1.- I have been checking documentation for RTC and how the plans get the information from the iteration they are set with. I have been doing some test plans on an RTC v6.0.3 and the plans are taking all the information from the current iteration the plan is configured for.

The thing is that in another RTC also in v6.0.3 there seems to be some work items that are being excluded from the plan. The iteration the plan is configured for has around 150 work items, while in the plan they are only taking around 45.

Thats where my second question comes in play.

2.- Is there a way in which the project area could be configured as to not let all the work items from an iteration to be loaded into the RTC plan automatically? If there is indeed any configuration for this i could thank you a lot if you let me know.

Thanks for your time reading this.
Regards.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 19 '17, 2:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RTCProcessFundamentals#Planning_Fundamentals

Plan scope can be used to filter items there are also filters such as for execution items.

Jose Omar Oseguera Chijate selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jose Omar Oseguera Chijate commented Apr 27 '17, 10:29 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

This information is useful, thank you for that.

But the thing is the plan im checking doesnt seem to have any scope set as to explain why it only loads some work items and not everyone from the iteration its assigned to.

In the documentation i see plans are configurable queries. Is there another way, beside the setting the scope, to configure the plan query? Im currently working with a Product Backlog plan.

Thanks again for your late reply.

Regards.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 27 '17, 11:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The queries are configurable as you can edit the plan display etc. You can use filters to suppress more items, however they are loaded and then suppressed. The number of items loaded and the number of items not shown is presented in the plan. Filters contribute to the items not shown. Some plan types automatically filter execution items away to help focus on the plan items such as stories. You can check "Include All Items" in the Plan Details to show execution items. 

I tried to provide some summary here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RTCProcessFundamentals#Planning 

But, of course, that does not cover all there is.

The above does not affect load times. If you want to reduce load times, the answer is the scope and that is described in my answer. 

Jose Omar Oseguera Chijate commented Apr 28 '17, 1:49 p.m.

I see... Thanks a lot for your time. Hope you have a great day.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.