It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to link the RQM Test case execution Result with the defect raised in CCM using REST APIs

tan vo (111) | asked 20 hours ago
edited 19 hours ago
Hi, I desired to link an existed defect link to a Test result (executionresult) via REST API
I used REST API to GET a xml data from specific Test case execution Result after that I use response xml data and adding this to xml response data
  <ns2:defect href="https:hostport/ccm/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/{id_item}" rel="affectedBy" summary="Summary from CCM "/>

Then I send PUT  URL
PUT: {integrationUrl}/resources/{projectAlias}/{resourceType}/urn:com.ibm.rqm:executionresult:[id]?calmlinks=true&oslc_config.context=[config_id]
Response 200 OK , but I didn't see any link updated as expected

Can you help me this scenario use, since I crossed document I learned that it is not possible to use REST API to do so. Are there any provided API can perform this . Can you give detail steps and Example using ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered 17 hours ago
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

These are the APIs available: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/ELMProductAPILanding

If you talk about the APIs, provide a reference to the documentation. Provide correct links and the headers. 
I have played with a lot of the APIs, but I have not created an example for links between ETM and EWM.  

The API you use above is the reportable REST API, while it supports CRUD for ETM, it only does it for ETM. The Reportable REST API for CCM is read only.

ETM and EWM supports an OSLC REST API, that you should probably look at, as it is CRUD for ETM and EWM. get the ETM element, have a look, if there is a link to the CCM item, then follow it and look if there is a back-link. You might have to set the link in both items. Not totally sure.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.