It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Source Code Control Read Permission

Yongcheng Li (311110) | asked Sep 11 '09, 9:37 a.m.
In current RTC, does everyone have read permission to source code? Is there a way to configure Jazz to restrict the read access to source code to only a subset of the project members?

Thanks!

-- Yongcheng

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 11 '09, 10:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RTC 2.0, read access to source code is controlled at the component
level. Who can read a component is controlled by the project area that
owns that component.

Cheers,
Geoff

yongchengli wrote:
In current RTC, does everyone have read permission to source code? Is
there a way to configure Jazz to restrict the read access to source
code to only a subset of the project members?

Thanks!

-- Yongcheng

permanent link
Shawn Willden (212) | answered Sep 16 '09, 11:43 a.m.
In RTC 2.0, read access to source code is controlled at the component level. Who can read a component is controlled by the project area that owns that component.

Am I right to assume that when you say "project area", you mean "project area" and not "project area or team area"?

There is a video (http://jazz.net/library/video/54) that seems to contradict this. As I understand what the video says, if there is a project area P with team area T and if team T owns component C, then members of other team areas should not have read access to C.

In testing, however, that seems not to be the case. I had a user who is a member of one team attempt to access a component owned by another team and he was able to (both teams in the same project area). This is consistent with the text on the Access Control tab of the Project Area view in the RTC client.

At this point, it seems to me that the video is just wrong. But perhaps there's something I'm not understanding.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.