It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Compare two snapshots using scm compare command

shalini saini (162027) | asked Aug 13 '14, 1:27 a.m.
edited Aug 20 '14, 1:40 p.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)
Hi,
I want to compare two snapshots using the scm compare command to list out the change sets delivered delivered between two.
This should also give me the work item associated with the changeset delivered.
I use the following command:
"scm compare -I ws -f i ss $Snap1 ss $Snap2 -r rtcuser > compare.log"
But when one of the changeset of the work item is delivered prior to $snap1,how can I capture that too?
What modification should be done to scm cli?
IS there a better way to capture such snapshots?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 13 '14, 6:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The SCM commandline baseline/snapshot compare, as far as I can tell, ONLY looks at the change sets in a compare.
It does not provide insight in changesets related to work items.
It does not automatically compute the transitive closure of the change sets linked to a work item. Especially since you could have any change set related to a work item, that not even needs to be in a stream or components that the snapshots look at, this would not make a lot of sense either.

With compare https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/compare.html you can get the work items related to the changes.

You can grab the work items you get from that compare and compute the related work items  and feed it into list changesets https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/list_changesets.html to get the change sets related to the work items you got for the compare. In which case you compute the transitive closure yourself.

Please carefully check with the help of the version of RTC you are using f this already available to you.

Comments
shalini saini commented Aug 13 '14, 6:26 a.m.

Thanks for the info.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 13 '14, 3:07 a.m.
You can, as far as i am aware, only get the work items and change sets that make up the difference between these two. If you want the earlier one, you would ave to use an earlier snapshot/baseline for the compare.

Comments
shalini saini commented Aug 13 '14, 3:14 a.m.

Any modification to CLI required to capture the earlier change set also?
Or if we can give the value of base snapshot programmatically making it prior to the oldest change set?

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 13 '14, 3:27 a.m.

What do you want to achieve here?

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 13 '14, 3:31 a.m.

shalini saini commented Aug 13 '14, 5:38 a.m.

I want to get all the change sets for the work items between two snapshots.
But in case one of the change set of work items is older than the base snap shot then that also should be captured. It should not be missed out.
For this requirement if I need to modify the above the cli what modification is required?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.