It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The browser add-on is not installing when editing graphical artifacts in RDNG 6.0.3 on Liberty with SSO enabled

Natalia Trofimov (391714) | asked Mar 20 '17, 2:25 p.m.
edited Mar 20 '17, 2:29 p.m.

Does anybody know if there is a limitation in RDNG 6.0.3 when SSO in Liberty WAS is enabled, then the Rational DOORS Next Generation browser add-on is not supported?
I found that the same limitation exist when Jazz Security Architecture SSO is enabled.

The issue:
The browser add-on is not installing when editing graphical artifacts.

Please advise.
Thank you,
natalia

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 20 '17, 7:02 p.m.

I'm not aware of any limitation related to SSO. Can you please explain in details what the symptom is?

Natalia Trofimov commented Mar 21 '17, 2:34 p.m.

Hi Donald,
thank you for your reply!
There are no symptoms, no errors but the browser add-on plugin is not installing and there is no editor window opens when I click 'edit' button. I just can view the graphical artifacts but I cannot edit them.
I checked everything:

• the converter started successfully
  • the display variable is set
  • I am starting the app with the command DISPLAY=localhost:4.0 ./server.startup
  • java scripting is enabled

Natalia Trofimov commented Mar 21 '17, 2:34 p.m.

It is working for RDNG 6.0 in PROD environment on Tomcat on my machine. in 6.0, when I click on edit button, I receive the msg that ..."RM browser add-on plugin must be downloaded and installed" and the graphical artifacts are editable after add-on plugin is installed.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Mar 21 '17, 5:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

In 6.0.3, support for the graphical artifact editor add-on was removed.
See DNG 6.0.3 News and Noteworthy details under the removed features section.

As you noted, graphical artifacts can still be viewed (the converter is still installed)

Natalia Trofimov selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Natalia Trofimov commented Mar 22 '17, 10:20 a.m.

Thank you Bas and Don!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.