It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

removing a row based on two columns

Bryan Omes (111) | asked Feb 25 '22, 7:30 a.m.

I got a 4 column table being generated on RPE. the RPE is sourced from 2 data source in Doors Module. 

Module 1 is the main datasource where we populate the first and second column which would loop in each record to populate the entire page while the third and forth are columns linked to the second datasouce that would rely on the condition based on the first datasource.

Since there's a possibility that column 3 and 4 would not have any data if it didn't match with the criteria/condition indicated to populate these columns.

is there any way for me to remove these rows if the value of column 3 and 4 are both empty?

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Feb 25 '22, 9:27 a.m.

Easy way is to place the row inside the query and apply the criteria/condition on the row.

Comments
Bryan Omes commented Feb 25 '22, 1:05 p.m.

i like to do that way also, but right now, im working on a already established template, where what it does is doing a loop within the module and individually check if its matches with the condition set it.

Basically the main Module has a attribute/column that is currently linked to the second module. what the original code does is check if the linked value has a attribute that matches with the criteria indicated. if it does, the resulting value would be another attribute/column within the second module.

also, im still trying to learn doors and there's a ton of stuff that im still un-aware of. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.