It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JVMCFRE003 bad major version; class=com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver, offset=6 on CLM install

Jack McRoberts (2611) | asked Mar 15 '17, 11:21 a.m.

I am trying to install CLM 6.0.0 using its tomcat, jre8, and SQL Server (separate platform under MS Server 2012 R2) using JDBC connection. I run the jts/setup, designate SQL Server, and provide password and connection string.  When I try to Test Connection,I keep getting the error

JVMCFRE003 bad major version; class=com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver, offset=6

I have set the environment variable SQLSERVER_JDBC_DRIVER_FILE to point to the sqljdbc jar file.  I have tried several different jar files (sqljdbc41.jar, sqljdbc42.jar); each time, I reset the env variable and restarted the server. No luck.  I did not get this error when I originally installed it using the Liberty server using sqljdbc41.jar and jre8.  What is causing this and how can I fix it? 

Comments
Alan Sampson commented Mar 15 '17, 1:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would caution that Java 8 is not a supported JRE for any current CLM server deployments. 6.0.0 needs IBM Java 1.6.0, CLM 6.0.1 & 6.0.2 can use IBM Java 1.6.0 or IBM Java 1.7.1 & CLM 6.0.3 needs IBM Java 1.7.1.
The chances are high that your server will encounter issues with any version of Java 1.8.0.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jack McRoberts (2611) | answered Mar 15 '17, 11:59 a.m.

Finally resolved it by using sqljdbc4.jar

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.