It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do my Translator allocations get exported with fileType="TEXT" and no dataSetDefinition?

Sudheer Rugbeer (11521832) | asked Dec 05 '18, 6:28 a.m.

Hi,

We are using RTC 6.0.4 with Enterprise Extensions for z/OS.

I have exported our System Definitions via the export ANT task, and now I'm attempting to import them into a Test Project Area (using the exported ANT script). 
The Ant build successfully creates all the Language Definitions, however it fails on my first Translator (the COBOL Compiler) with the error 
[ld:translator] Data set definition () was not found.

After some investigations (and comparing to the JKE Sample) I found that the exported ANT script does not have dataSetDefinition for the ld:allocation and instead looks like this:
<ld:allocation disp="KEEP" fileType="TEXT" name="SYSADATA" options="" path="" perm=""/>

The export for the JKE Sample works fine. Also, if I manually update the translator with the correct dataSetDefinition, for each allocation then the Translator gets created correctly.

What would cause this to happen with our project system definitions?

Regards,
Sudheer

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alex Akilov (663) | answered Feb 27 '19, 12:44 p.m.

I think it's a bug in 6.0.4.  I had to go back to a 6.0.2 client to run the export.

Sudheer Rugbeer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sudheer Rugbeer commented Jul 31 '19, 9:03 a.m.

Thank you, finally been able to try 6.0.2 and it worked. I also had to change the runtime to use the workspace JRE

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.