It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Provide updated plugin on server

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14119103) | asked Sep 10 '09, 4:54 a.m.
Hi,
I have some problem on update plugin provided to an Jazz server.

Some weeks ago I've provided to jazz server some plugin (relating all to follow-up and pre-condition). Following the instruction finded on wiki, I've created plugins, feature and update site. Then I stop the server, create a provision-file in configuration path, add my update site and run repotools -addTables command. Everything goes ok and since then I've used all the plugin.

Now I've developed new version of my plugins and I'd like to upgrade the server. I've tried to follow the same procedure, overwriting the old update site with the new one and re-launching repotools -addTables. But nothing seems to happened.

It was the right way or do I have to change something?
Thanks.

4 answers

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14119103) | answered Sep 11 '09, 6:47 a.m.
I'm a little bit confused. I've tried repotools -dropTables and I cancelled all my data in the database but my plugin still working. So, if I understand, when I run repotools -addTables for the first time jazz copy my feature and plugin somewhere and everything else I can do on provision_profile doesn't change my plugin. And they are not on database.
So... where are they?
How can delete/update them??

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14119103) | answered Sep 11 '09, 9:36 a.m.
It seems that removing JAZZ_HOME/jazz/server/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost, running a new repotools -addTables and restarting the client resolve the problem.
I hoped that it could be done using some repotools options but this way would be quite good. But I currently don't know if removing this folder could create other kinds of problem.

permanent link
Richard Backhouse (6661) | answered Sep 15 '09, 3:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would suggest taking a look at this Wiki page :

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JazzProvisioningFAQ

Particularly the questions "I need to upgrade the version of the Jazz Server that I have running. How do I do this ?" and "Why do I need to worry about the Jazz Server WAR's temp directory ?"

This basically removes the "JAZZ_HOME/jazz/server/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/jazz" for you when the server restarts directory.

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14119103) | answered Sep 16 '09, 5:42 a.m.
Thank you backhous for this answer. I was searching for the "reset server" button (I've read something about that here on the forum) but I wasn't able to find it.
Thank you again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.