It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Build Engine crashes if a Jenkins build engine is declared in my project area

Andrea Vencato (15134) | asked Feb 24 '17, 6:06 a.m.

I'm trying to set up a jenkins server to work together with my RTC.

In the same linux machine, I installed the JBE with the parametere "-engineId myBuildEngine", and everything starts correctly.

After that, I create my jenkins build engine in my project area called myBuildEngine, and then, the jbe demon crashes without explanation.

I executed jbe-daemon.sh in the terminal and I received this message:

[Jazz build engine] Exception occurred in build loop: CRRTC3540E: The following build engine is a Hudson/Jenkins build engine: "myBuildEngine". Only engines of type "Jazz Build Engine" can be used with the "-engineId" argument.
Without engineId jenkins cant execute any build related to RTC build engine.

My jbe and RTC server version is 5.0.1

This situation is strange because the first time I set up jbe, jenkins and RTC build engine declaration everything worked perfectly, but not after a reboot.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V (4415) | answered Feb 24 '17, 8:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The error that you encountered with jbe is expected. It works only with Jazz Build Engine and  not other build engine types.

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Team+Concert+Plugin has help topics on Team Concert Plugin for Jenkins.

Andrea Vencato selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrea Vencato commented Feb 27 '17, 3:15 a.m.

I used both these links while configuring both jenkins and build engine.

I figured out what the problem was... the build engine declared in my RTC was not active but I focused my attention in starting the jbe daemon which was useless for this configuration.
The build engine was inactive because it was unable to reach the jenkins server because it was down and after 5 timeout connection, RTC server automatically deactivated the build engine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.