It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Remove "Non-Valued Added" Info from Attribute and Not Converting "8 Hours" Estimate Attribute to " 1 Day"

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked Feb 21 '17, 2:24 p.m.

Trying to get a 2 for 1 here ... but first question ...
A customer is not seeing the need for the comment "Select a link type to add links to your work item" for the "Links" type.

Is there any way to get rid of this?

Second question ....
That same customer is wanting to not have the "Estimate" convert an "8-hour" time to "1 day".  This makes no sense for what we are trying to do and that is use RTC to schedule lab times within a 24 hour period.  I searched the forum for this earlier and found that the last person that asked this (back in 2015) was told that there is no way to change this.  Is that still the case?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 21 '17, 7:16 p.m.

Hi, Rob

For Q1, where do you see the comment "Select a link type to add links to your work item" for the "Links" type? Is this links type the workitem's(task, defect etc) built-in  Links tab > Links?

For Q2, if it is simply for conversion, you can go to Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Planning > Work Environment> Work time per day and set it to 24 hours. Then in your Estimate, you will see 24 hours to convert to 1 day instead.  But this change could have impact on plans(resource allocation etc) as now the user has 24 hours working time per day.

Rob Olsen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rob Olsen commented Feb 21 '17, 7:35 p.m.

Hey Don, I snapshotted what I thought would post, but apparently not.  I am customizing an RTC screen adding a "Links" type attribute so the customer can select "Add Related Test Case" link.  The message "Select a link type to add links to your work item" is displayed below the links drop down menu.  It would look something like this (below).  It wastes about three lines of space and is really not needed.

Related Test Cases:

Add Related Test Cases <drop down menu>

Select a link type to add links to your work it

As far as Q2, thanks that worked! 

Don Yang commented Feb 21 '17, 8:06 p.m.

I saw the same messages here, I could not find a way to remove it, it seems it is a part of Link layout.

Rob Olsen commented Feb 21 '17, 10:52 p.m.

Thanks Don ... one last question since you have been very helpful.  I was able to change the "8 hour" to "1 day" conversion issue for CCM.  Is there a way to do this for RQM?  The customer is seeing the same issues here.  When he puts an estimate of "8 hours" in a Test Case, it converts to "1 day".   The change in CCM did not seem to take care of this, which makes sense.  But is there a way to fix this in RQM?

Don Yang commented Feb 22 '17, 12:00 a.m.

Hi, Rob

I don't think this is configurable field for QM. There is an existing RFE here and you can comment on it:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=122357

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.