It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0: Restricting locking privileges

Fayyaz Dungersi (633) | asked Sep 08 '09, 1:58 p.m.
We currently have two groups; Admin, Everyone. The Admin group has full access to all features. The Everyone group has limited access. One of the features that is limited to the everyone group is the 'Locking'. We have giving the Everyone group only 'Aquire, Release or Transfer locks' privilege only. When members in this group try to lock a file, they get the following error:

Problem
You don't have permission to Save Stream .

Reason
In order to carry out this operation, you would need permission to perform the following additional actions:
Action: ID:
(no label) modify/stream/attributes/locks/manage

When i browse 'Source Control/Save Stream/Modify/Stream/Attributes', I do not see '/locks'.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

One answer

permanent link
Tim Feeney (30745745) | answered Sep 15 '09, 6:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We currently have two groups; Admin, Everyone. The Admin group has full access to all features. The Everyone group has limited access. One of the features that is limited to the everyone group is the 'Locking'. We have giving the Everyone group only 'Aquire, Release or Transfer locks' privilege only. When members in this group try to lock a file, they get the following error:

Problem
You don't have permission to Save Stream .

Reason
In order to carry out this operation, you would need permission to perform the following additional actions:
Action: ID:
(no label) modify/stream/attributes/locks/manage

When i browse 'Source Control/Save Stream/Modify/Stream/Attributes', I do not see '/locks'.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

I have the same issue. I've solved it by giving my limited group permission to modify all attributes. While that is more than I want, it allows the locking to proceed. Looks like a work item has already been logged against this and has been resolved. See https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=90750

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.