It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Progress Bars for User Stories not working

Neil Plantan (1082215) | asked Sep 05 '09, 11:38 a.m.
We upgraded a repository from a early 2.0 release candidate to 2.0 GA.

In a Project Area that was created before the upgrade with the SCRUM template User Story Progress Bars are not working. In any new project we created after the GA upgrade with the SCRUM template they seem to work fine (progress bar fills as Execution Work Items are resolved and time accounting completed)

How to I add this functionality to my other project area? Thanks

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 07 '09, 2:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

please check if the complexity attribute has been set in the ProcessConfiguration>Planning>Project Configuration>Configuration Data>Planning>Plan Attributes and make sure the user stories are Top Level Work Items in the ProcessConfiguration>Planning>Project Configuration>Configuration Data>Planning>Top-Level Work Item Types list.

The first setting allows the planning to recognize the complexity attribute. The second one tells it to use this type to calculate planning numbers.

Ralph

permanent link
Neil Plantan (1082215) | answered Sep 08 '09, 1:28 p.m.
Thanks. Complexity Attribute is set to person weeks and User Stories are listed as Top Items.... but so are Tasks. Once I unchecked tasks the progress bars seem to work

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 09 '09, 12:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
:oops: That is interesting,

good to know!
Just interested: was there any other work item type not top level?

Thanks,

Ralph

permanent link
Neil Plantan (1082215) | answered Sep 10 '09, 9:35 p.m.
nope, the Project Area had everything set as top level. The user wanted a consolidated rolled up Release Plan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.