It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Memory release from RTC

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Sep 06 '13, 2:27 p.m.
Hello,

While using IE with RTC, I find that the memory from task manager expands after each query. Upon logging out of RTC, the memory remains as being used. Is this a know issue? I have managers who query all day to the point of getting out of memory errors.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Sep 08 '13, 12:06 a.m.

what version of RTC?

Anthony Kesterton commented Sep 09 '13, 2:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You may also want to check the version of IE you are using.

I assume your users are getting Out of Memory errors in IE, but please confirm this,

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Sep 09 '13, 2:59 a.m.

Hi Mahar,
Also it is not clear for me for which process the memory remains as being used. Do you mean for IE or you mean RTC server?

Mahari Hill commented Sep 09 '13, 6:44 a.m.

RTC 4.0.2

IE 8, 9

Chrome - latest

Firefox - 17ESR, latest.

Hello,

I was able to duplicate the problem on multiple workstations. The memory I am referring to is browser desktop memory. After doing large queries and sorting, the memory usage increases. It never releases, until out of memory or you kill the browser. In chrome, you can kill the tab.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 10 '13, 2:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Mahari, you might want to create a PMR or work item for this, especially if you detect it in all browsers.

Takehiko Amano commented Sep 10 '13, 2:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If case of FireFox, you might want to check what's taking a lot of memory via

about:memory

Try to see if GC (Garbage Collection) has some impact.  Not sure if there is any similar feature exists in IE.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One answer

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8280269) | answered Oct 03 '13, 11:28 a.m.
Hello Mahari,

It has been confirmed:

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/281322

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.