It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to migrate from data warehouse to DCC in 5.0.2

Georg Kellner (840481109) | asked Jan 26 '17, 5:14 a.m.

Hi fellows,

I've heard it is possible to migrate from data warehouse to DDC in 5.0.2 prior to the update to 6.0.x

Is there a documentation for this topic?

greetings georg.

One answer

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96039) | answered Jan 26 '17, 11:26 p.m.

Hi Georg,

Do you mean you would like to migrate from Java ETL to DCC when upgrading from CLM 5.0.2 to 6.0.x? As you might know, Java ETL is abolished in 6.0.x, you will need to use DCC to run ETL job (Data collection job) in version 6.0.x.

If my understanding is correct, then there is no specific requirement to migrate it, since both Java ETL and DCC are using the same data warehouse schema. Just ensure to upgrade data warehouse schema to version 6, then you can run DCC 6.0.x for the existing data warehouse.

Comments
Michael Reed commented Jan 27 '17, 12:27 p.m.

Great answer Kenji.

Georg, I would also like to point out that you MUST ensure that your current Java ETL jobs will no longer be running or accessing the Data Warehouse. If those jobs run while DCC is running data corruption can occur.

So, if you have any servers still running v5.0.2 while you have some running 6.0.x you will want to disable all ETL activity.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.