It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What causes DOORs DNG to name a rule "Extracted Artifact" with no artifact content?

Jason Kennedy (112) | asked Jan 11 '17, 2:11 p.m.

While testing DOORs DNG, we are finding there are times when we are creating a new requirement that the system is saving and inserting a requirement with "Extracted Artifact" in the name field.  Opening the requirement does not show any artifact content associated to it.  Unfortunately, we are not able to consistently recreate this.  What would cause DOORs DNG to name a rule as Extracted Artifact? 

Thanks,

Jason Kennedy

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 11 '17, 10:00 p.m.

I can reproduce it - when editing a requirement artifact, if you select only a space in the primary text and then choose Save as New "<artifact type>" and Insert, you will end up with this. It's more of a user error IMO.

Comments
Jason Kennedy commented Jan 12 '17, 1:51 p.m.

Donald,

I agree with you that this will occur if you only select a space.  The problem is that my users aren't doing this.  What we are finding is that if there is a requirement with leading space in front of it, and the user highlights just the content itself without the leading space, on selection of Save and Insert the system is changing the highlight to the leading space only causing "Extracted Artifact" to display.  I can reproduce this with some consistency.  This is definitely a system error, not a user error. 

Thanks for your help,
Jason

Donald Nong commented Jan 12 '17, 9:11 p.m.

If that's the case, you should file a defect, or contact IBM Support for confirmation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.