It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how do I authenticate to a Jazz server using pure Javascript?

Salman Shaikh (23413675) | asked Jan 09 '17, 8:34 a.m.

I am trying to authenticate to the Jazz server using pure Javascript. I am supposed to be able to do a GET on https://myserver:9444/qm/authenticated/j_security_check?j_username=foo&j_password=bar . (same behavior on a POST as well)

This works fine in Ff plugin Poster - if I provide a dummy user-agent header. However, in the JS code I am writing (using dojo.xhrGet), I am getting a 400 - bad request, mostly because the heager is saying Chrome, with a response HTML stating - You have followed a direct link to log in to a Jazz server. This page has been presented to ensure that a malicious website cannot use cleverly crafted content to circumvent security. If you would like to log in to the server, please use the link below.

The problem I have hit is - I am unable to override the user-agent header in teh dojo.xhrGet since it s a protected header and you get a Refused to set unsafe header "user-agent if you try to override it with some value like "api".

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jan 09 '17, 11:22 p.m.

I don't think it's related to User-Agent. Most likely some session IDs (cookies), such as JSESSIONID, are missing.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.