It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom groups in widget

Daniel van Lanen (1111) | asked Jan 05 '17, 8:43 a.m.
 Hello,

I'm a new user and I was wondering if there was any training or documentation out there. Currently all I'm looking to do is create a custom group in a bar graph using a different field then the vertical axis but I am unsure of what the syntax is. Any guidance or help would be amazing.

thanks

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 05 '17, 9:44 a.m. | edited Jan 05 '17, 9:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please see How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? to improve your questions. It is pretty unclear what you want to achieve.

Insight is cognos based. For all I can tell, it is really complicated and there are few experts around. CLM now gores into the direction of ReportServer and an easier way to customize and create reports. There are some library articles. All depends on basic information such as versions.

Isabel Torres commented May 30 '17, 6:34 p.m. | edited May 30 '17, 6:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ralph Schoon when we are setting up a "Work Item Statistics" widget, there is an option to define "Custom Groups"... but there is not help anywhere to know how to define those Custom Groups... Is there any document describing any type of instructions? 

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered May 30 '17, 9:11 p.m.

Knowledge Center has some details in Custom Groups and you may refer to

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.dashboard.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_widget_types.html

(searching for Work Item Statistics)

When you specify 'Query' and ' Parameter' and run it, you will see a graph grouping based on the values of Parameter.
Now if you want to further grouping those values of Parameter, you can define custom groups in that field by adding a pair of 'Group label' and 'Values included', the graph will then show you the newly added Group Label grouping the included values.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.