It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Show Custom Enumeration (Multi Select) of a Work Item in RRDI Report

Hareesh Jairaj (832138) | asked Mar 11 '15, 10:40 a.m.
edited Mar 11 '15, 10:41 a.m.
 Hi,

I have created a Custom Enumeration Attribute(Multi Selection) which is a check box selection and created a work item choose multiple options(lets say 2) of enumerations.
I have created a report choosing "Request Medium String Enumeration" where it is showing values as value.literal1 | value.literal2 when choosen 2 values.

Also tried to Make report @as in this article but didnt get any values displayed.

How to create a report showing Custom enumeration Multi Selected values of a Workitem. 

Any help on this is much appreciated. 
Many Thanks in advance! 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 11 '15, 12:33 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Which version of RTC are you running?

Hareesh Jairaj commented Mar 12 '15, 12:35 a.m.

Its 5.0.2 

2 answers

permanent link
Steve Mulligan (1761321) | answered Mar 11 '15, 10:57 a.m.
If you are using Rational Insight and can run DataManager against the warehouse, I would run ETL to separate out the literal values and get the enumerated value for each.  You would then have a table in the warehouse with a REQUEST_ID and each value.    Then in Cognos Report Studio you can use a SQL query to access the table and use it in a report.

Comments
Hareesh Jairaj commented Mar 30 '15, 1:45 a.m.

How to customize the ETLs ? Can you suggest with any links available which shows the procedure of doing this.

Many Thanks in advance! 

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 30 '15, 2:50 a.m.
Hello Hareesh,

you can check this article for an example of ETL customization:

Customizing IBM Rational Insight: Add requirement description for reporting
https://jazz.net/library/article/1463

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Hareesh Jairaj commented Apr 01 '15, 4:29 a.m.

Here is the error related post which am facing when tried to implement the same as in article.
ERROR

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.