It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I automatically maximize all inserted artifacts when opening a business requirement document?

Jason Kennedy (112) | asked Dec 29 '16, 11:12 a.m.

When opening an imported business requirement document in DOORs, such as a Microsoft Word business requirement document from ReqPro to DOORs DNG, all inserted artifacts show only the artifact content.  I would like to be able to open any business requirement document and automatically maximize all inserted artifacts within the document in order to be able to view both the artifact content and the artifact ID number provided by DOORs DNG.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,
Jason Kennedy

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jan 09 '17, 1:10 a.m.

I read your post several times but still cannot understand. When you say open any "business requirement document", do you refer to a module (that is usually created when you import a Word document), or the Word document itself?

Jason Kennedy commented Jan 09 '17, 10:04 a.m.

Donald,

In a perfect world, the reference would apply to a module rather than a business requirement document.  Unfortunately, DOORs DNG did not create modules for our Microsoft Word documents imported from ReqPro.  DOORs DNG tagged these Microsoft Word documents as business requirement documents within artifacts  These documents do not appear when browsing modules.  I apologize if I am not using the proper terms. 

Our business rules are currently handled with Microsoft Word documents within ReqPro.  When using DOORs, opening the business requirement document artifact gives the appearance of still working with a Microsoft Word document.  The rule display is in artifact content mode, which only displays rule content without a requirement ID number.  To see the ID number, we have to manually maximize the artifact for each rule.  I would like to see a way to be able to maximize the artifact for all artifacts at once so both the artifact content and the requirement ID number can be viewed.  

Jason

Jason Kennedy commented Jan 09 '17, 10:12 a.m.

Donald,

I am unable to include a screenshot, but if you send me an email address, I can send you a screenshot of an example view that I am looking for.

Thanks,

Jason

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 09 '17, 6:19 p.m.

There are several ways to "import" a Word document into RDNG and they of course produce different results and you may want to try them all and see which one works best for you.
1. Import requirements from within a text document - you have the option of creating a module, and the requirements will be "extracted" from the text document.
2. Import a text document and convert to a rich text artifact - this produces a single requirement artifact and it no longer has any links to the original Word document. The keyword here is "convert" - think of you convert a Word document to an HTML file using Word itself.
3. Upload artifact - this creates a wrapper artifact containing the original Word document. You can then take either of the above options to "extract" or "convert" the document.

The below link shows the first two options. Note that the video is recorded with an older version and the interface looks slightly different from the current version.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.tutorial.doc/topics/lesson4_rrm.html

I guess you have used either the 2nd or the 3rd option, but then there should be no "artifact ID" generated within the artifact. There should be only one ID which is associated with the single artifact that you have imported. I guess the numbers that you try to see are those associated with ReqPro in the original Word document?

This forum does not support private message (as far as I know), and it is not a good idea to share email addresses on a public forum, as you will get spams very soon. Maybe you can post the image on other sites and link back here if you want to show a screenshot?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.