It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set up RTC for remote development

Glenn Diehl (111) | asked Dec 22 '16, 2:55 p.m.

Hello.  First time poster here.

I'm struggling with getting RTC set up for remote C/C++ development.  I have Eclipse with the RTC client installed on my Windows desktop machine.  Our target platform is a Linux machine (Red Hat Enterprise 6.6 at the moment).  I need to be able to create my workspace on the target platform but do all my code maintenance, work items, etc. from the Windows side.  Builds, of course, also need to happen on the target platform.

I have not been able to find a guide for doing this.  I thought perhaps installing PTP would help, but that is not working well from within the RTC-provided Eclipse environment (specifically, when I try to create a synchronized C/C++ project, the dialog for naming the project never displays).

We are just getting started with RTC 6.0.2 and this is one of the growing pains.  So far google and searching the forums haven't gotten me very far.

Any pointers to any relevant articles, etc. would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Glenn Diehl (111) | answered Dec 22 '16, 3:08 p.m.

Hi again.  I think I just stumbled on to it.  I found the Remote Tools selection in the Choose File System pull down, and that got me where I needed to be.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.