It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to prevent repeatedly logging in to associate work item from remote RTC with a change set delivery?

Kieron Brear (1461169) | asked Feb 01 '13, 11:27 a.m.
I have some members of my team working across two RTC projects in two different servers both at 3.0.1. One project hosts the work items, the other hosts the source code. When they deliver the source they need to associate the work item from the remote RTC server. In Eclipse, even though the users are logged in to the projects, when the delivery does the query to the remote RTC for the work items, the user is given a log in screen (web browser style) for the remote RTC. This happens for each delivery, even when made during the same Eclipse session.

Is there any way to stop this happening? Should it be happening in the first place, is it a bug?

Thanks,
Kieron

Comments
Tim Mok commented Feb 06 '13, 9:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you mean by the delivery does a query to the remote RTC server for work items? There aren't any advisors that work with change requests (remote work items) unless you've written a custom one.

Kieron Brear commented Feb 06 '13, 1:02 p.m.

Tim, I mean the dialogue that comes up to select the work item (in this case change request) from the remote system.

One answer

permanent link
Alex Fitzpatrick (5583816) | answered Feb 05 '13, 5:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 It could be either a bug or a feature. It depends on how you're doing security/authentication, if those two servers are not sharing an authentication mechanism then it's probably working as designed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.