It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

license error on server rename

Terry Little (114) | asked Dec 10 '16, 2:04 p.m.
While doing a server rename, I am receiving an error saying it cannot connect to the floating license server.  I cannot get to the jazz admin to make any changes to floating license server.  Is there any way to force the server rename use the trial licenses and not use the floating license server so I can get through the rename? 

One answer

permanent link
Zeeshan Choudhry (6541612) | answered Dec 11 '16, 7:09 a.m.
You can try removing this property from teamserver.properties file of JTS if its there.
com.ibm.team.repository.licenseService.floatingLicenseServerURI

This point to floating license server in use. ( self or external) . None if the floating/Token licenses will be available then.
You would then need to have authorized user license or trial licenses if they are still valid.

Not sure though which part you have the error and what sort of error you see in server rename process. Perhaps its better to always give 123 steps and error reported with call stack for some immediate and accurate help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.