It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

6.0.1 evaluation install errors.

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Feb 10 '16, 2:52 p.m.
CLM 601

Wanted to install an evaluation installation of 601. WAS Liberty/derby as the installer suggest. After the successful installs (3). I go to jts/setup and Express is greyed out with a message the the DB was not configured correctly, do Custom Setup.

When I go to Custom Setup, it works until Configure Database and it says:

The configuration test resulted in errors. Resolve the errors to continue. For information about why the configuration did not pass the validity test and how to provide a valid configuration, see the other messages that are provided with this message. For more information, open the help and search for "Running the setup wizard".ID CRJAZ1579E
hide details
The server was unable to connect to the database because the database connection settings are invalid or because database is unreachable (SQLSTATE: XJ040, SQLCODE: 40000). Verify the connection settings in your teamserver.properties file. See the Jazz Team Server log for more information.ID CRJAZ2654E

DB vendor = Derby
Conn Type = JDBC
JDBC Password = blank (which I think it is when using tomcat)
JDBC Location = conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB

3 installs, 3 different directories, same error.

Comments
Marek Siekierski commented Feb 10 '16, 3:04 p.m.

Hi Mahari,

Can you find the correlating stack trace from the jts.log in <jazz install dir>/server/logs and share it?

Mahari Hill commented Feb 10 '16, 3:33 p.m.

Hello,

There are no logs...is this because the configuration has not finished? Or is it now in a different directory with WAS/liberty?

Marek Siekierski commented Feb 10 '16, 6:10 p.m.

You should see the directory there, which is actually symlinked to:

<jazz install>/server/liberty/servers/clm/logs

Marek Siekierski commented Feb 10 '16, 6:12 p.m.

Are you running the server.startup script as the user who has the correct permissions on these jazz directories?

Donald Nong commented Feb 10 '16, 7:30 p.m.

The error message indicates that JTS could not start the embedded Derby database. You need to check the server/logs/jts.log file for any hints why it failed.

You can try to manually unpack the file server/conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB.zip to server/conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB (as a folder) and see if it helps. If you have a working environment, you can also copy the repositoryDB.zip from the other environment and give it a go (assuming that the file might be corrupted during your installation).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mahari Hill (4861169230) | answered Feb 15 '16, 8:48 a.m.
All,

Thanks for the help. It was an Windows Server Admin issue. I have the correct rights on 2 machines, but when they made this one, there was something off about permissions. I selected the server.startup script and chose Run as Administrator, and the tool set configured correctly.

thanks for the responses....
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.