It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is a Suspended changeset in one Repository Workspace seen in another Repository Workspace?

Geoff Binns (30424) | asked Nov 15 '16, 5:53 a.m.

I have two Repository Workspaces A and B with flow targets to the same stream with a Component.

If in Repository Workspace A, a change set is suspended it appears in the Pending view as an Incoming and Suspended (correctly as per the Help) in both Repository Workspaces A and B. Why is it seen in B?

If it is Discarded the Incoming and Suspended are both removed from both Repository Workspaces.

The change set is still in the Component history in the stream.

Is this correct behaviour and why is the Suspend seen in other Repository Workspace B?

I would appreciate an explanation to clarify this. Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 16 '16, 1:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I submitted a work item several years ago to get this behavior changed: Have suspended change sets be associated with the workspace they were suspended from (101009).   Please feel free to add your vote to that work item.
Geoff Binns selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Geoff Binns commented Nov 16 '16, 4:02 a.m.

Thanks for this.

I agree, it should be obvious to the User why this behaviour is the way it is otherwise it will cause confusion. I couldn't find it stated in the Help which would be useful.

One other answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Nov 15 '16, 6:35 a.m.
Hi Geooff ,

Please find the links below for more details.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/164407/difference-between-suspend-discard-and-reverse

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.concert.dotnet.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_suspending_change_sets.html

I think in first place :

** Both Workspace A and Workspace B are set to common flow target stream it appears in Workspace B
** Scope of Component History will preserve everything wrt Stream since it has been suspended wrt Workspace scope you have to verify component history wrt Workspace.

Please let me know if you still have further questions.

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Geoff Binns commented Nov 15 '16, 7:59 a.m.

Hi Arun, Thanks for the reply.

I don't think the links explain WHY this happens.

What I don't understand is, WHY the Suspend in Workspace A is seen at all in Workspace B? The stream component does not get changed. Is it because they both have the same flow target or that I am the Owner of both? Surely, if the workspaces are different independent changes they do not need to see anything from each others.

If Workspace B was a different User why would they see the Suspend from someone else's Workspace?

Regards,

Geoff

Arun K Sriramaiah commented Nov 15 '16, 8:24 a.m.

Hi Geoff,

Yes, I tested and its because of your common user id which is causing to reflect the suspend changes in both workspaces.

RWS is backup copy of the user and also its targeting same "flow target stream", hence the suspend changes or reflecting in both <g class="gr_ gr_340 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" data-gr-id="340" id="340"> <g class="gr_ gr_339 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="339" id="339"> workspace </g> .. </g>

Regards,
Arun.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 16 '16, 1:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

All work items suspended by a given user show up in the suspended list of all work items owned by that user.   The flow target stream has no effect on this behavior.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.