It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I change the assignment for an Epic in RTC?

Randy Bryant (111) | asked Nov 10 '16, 11:30 a.m.
I have multiple epics setup in my RTC. Some are setup for what we call a particular release. I have a few epics with stories that I want to put in the unassigned area as we will be doing them at a much later date. When I edit the epic there is no field to allow me to assign the epic to a custom field we have named "Found in". This field appears in stories but not in epics. Maybe I am misunderstanding how epics relate to stories, but the current epics are in different releases. I just cannot move them from the release they are in to the one I want them to be in.

Just a note - I did not setup RTC for the project or the company. Any information would be helpful

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 10 '16, 12:57 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
"Found In" should not be in Stoies as far as I can tell. This is something that typically tells in Defects, in which release the defect was found. Please see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RTCProcessFundamentals#Common_Work_Item_Attributes for the basics.

For the planning the only relevant values should be "Planned For" and "Filed against".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.