It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Team Concert 2.0 M1 is now available

Adrian Cho (8213322) | asked Dec 20 '08, 12:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's with great pleasure that I can announce the availability of Rational Team Concert 2.0 Milestone 1, just in time for the holiday season! We encourage you to download builds and provide feedback through these forums and by creating work items.

Thanks to everyone that helped deliver this release. Seasons Greetings on behalf of the Rational Team Concert and Jazz Foundation teams.

4 answers

permanent link
Patrick Renaud (106143) | answered Dec 22 '08, 10:23 a.m.
I am getting Source Path Too Long (The source file name(s) are larger than is supported by the file system) errors when unzipping the download file, even when installing directly in a folder such as C:\RTC2.0M1.

This is on Vista. :(

permanent link
Michael Baylis (1832719) | answered Dec 22 '08, 10:56 a.m.
I am getting Source Path Too Long (The source file name(s) are larger than is supported by the file system) errors when unzipping the download file, even when installing directly in a folder such as C:\RTC2.0M1.

The windows unzip can't handle the path names, it is recommended you use something like 7-zip (as we do).

You may have problems when it comes time to deleting the directories, the delete function can't handle it either. I had to rename some directories before I could delete RTC.

permanent link
John Camelon (1.7k14) | answered Dec 22 '08, 11:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
patrick.renaud wrote:
I am getting Source Path Too Long (The source file
name(s) are larger than is supported by the file system)
errors when unzipping the download file, even when
installing directly in a folder such as C:\RTC2.0M1.

Some of the download archives (particularly the source and JUnit
archives) have path lengths longer than 250 characters and cause trouble
for some extractor tools on windows. One zip extractor tool that works
is 7Zip.

Hope this helps,
JohnC

permanent link
Patrick Renaud (106143) | answered Dec 22 '08, 11:53 a.m.
Yes, it works with 7Zip. Tx. :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.